Baby chicks are coming this week. Today we finished working on the brooder. It’s amazing how much junk can be stored in one tiny little building.
– A car jack
– 1/2 bag charcoal from 1990
– A calf pan (galvanized tub with attached calf nipple)
– 150 or so canning jars
– 150 or so mayonnaise jars
– Five large coffee cans almost full of roofing nails
– Window weights
– Many rusty gardening tools
We’ll probably use the window weights as canopy weights for our market canopy. As for the roofing nails- I guess we’re prepared to re-shingle the roof!
Tomato plants have germinated for the new hoophouse. Now that the brooder is ready, hopefully we can make some progress on putting up the new hoophouse.